Saturday, November 7, 2009

Raison d'être

...text message conversation of 11/04/09:


Jyll: I just had an epiphany
Liz: Do tell! I could use some profundity
Jyll: We are going to start our own blog. It's going to be huge.
Liz: Word. Theme of blog?
Jyll: TBD. We can brainstorm that part.
Liz: I think...you could b right. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Jyll: We are both writers, and observant, and lazy, and we don't suck...let's do it.
Liz: ...well put. And that, what u just texted me, should be our byline. So shall it be written, so shall it be done.
Jyll: It will need a name
Liz: Hmm, well. Depends on content. Are we going to be clever? Witty? Maternal? Intellectual? Irreverent? Bitchy?...
Jyll: All.

* * * * *

Liz: Have u thought of a name for our pulitzer prize winning blog yet?
Jyll: I am inclined to veto anything "...and the City"
Liz:...crud. Then i got nothin.

1 comment:

  1. Last night i drank two Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre beers at the bar. A little sweet, a little hoppy, a little sour. But as I ordered them, i said to boy "Where have i seen that phrase lately..?"

    ReplyDelete